Almost every Tuesday, we host a simple vegan/gluten-free group dinner. The meal is made by a volunteer from a previous dinner and does not need to be fancy! A large pot of something straightforward (i.e. soup, curry, rice and beans, or a stir fry) works well. The hope is we share an accessible, lower cost meal to enjoy while exchanging ideas, projects, problems to solve and jokes to laugh at. We hope for the night to nourish our creative community with food and thought! Anywhere from 6-10 people attend each dinner. Invites go out via text on Tuesday mornings to an improvised and randomized guest list, making every dinner its own unique occurrence.
Guests arrive around 7pm, We start informally serving ourselves and eating around 7:30, We wind down around 9:30 pm to adhere to the 10pm building quiet hours.
School of Art and Time, near SE 34th & SE Belmont, Portland, Oregon, United States. It is a large open loft with big doors that open near the dining table for ventilation. Masks are welcome but not required. Details on how to get to the space will be provided with each invite.
Let us know if you want to volunteer to cook or would like an invite by messaging Jennifer Batchelor at 207-776-9543.
- The volunteer cook for the week is expected to provide a meal that can serve 6-10 people.
- The kitchen at the School is available for meal prep starting at 5pm each Tuesday if cooking on site is preferable to the volunteer.
- Rice is provided by the School of Art and Time.
- Anything guests feel inspired to bring is a BONUS, but is truly not required!
- Guests are encouraged to simply arrive and be fed!